Find Your Community
#RLCMoments: A Comprehensive List of Worry-Free Living
Robinwood residents Byron and Diane sent the blog team an unsolicited post, laying out just what downsizing has meant to them. It’s quite a list!
Things we no longer pay:
- • Homeowner’s insurance
- • City taxes
- • County taxes
- • Internet fee
- • Cable TV
- • Landline telephone service
- • Water, gas and electricity
- • Sewer fees and line stoppages
- • Garbage fees
- • Plumbing
- • Electrical repair and upgrades
- • Housekeeping
- • Annual termite and inspection
- • Bug exterminator
- • Yard service
- • Tree removal
- • Bartlett Senior Center annual fees
- • Daily Newspaper
- Things we pay significantly less of:
- • Car insurance, maintenance and gas (we drive less)
- • Groceries and snacks (three meals a day here, and snacks whenever we want)
- • Movie theater and restaurant costs
Things we don’t worry about anymore:
- • Pipes freezing
- • Cleaning leaves from the gutter
- • Roof replacement or leaks
- • Shoveling snow
- • Mowing, raking, mulching, weeding
- • Taking the garbage out
- • Wall painting, inside or out
- • Garage and shed maintenance
- • Buying and replacing light bulbs
- • Covering and uncovering faucets and vents in winter and spring
- • Turning the irrigation system on and off in spring
- • Storing garden hoses
- • Cleaning shower mildew
- • Cleaning and replacing carpets
- • Replacing receptacles and switches
- • Replacing batteries in smoke alarms and the thermostat
- • HVAC replacement filters
- • Impact of city services on severe weather days
- • Squirrels or chipmunks in our attic
Things that give us peace of mind:
- • Our entire building is protected by a fire sprinkler system.
- • There are smoke alarms here in both the apartments and common areas.
- • After dark, you need a digital pass code to enter the building.
- • You need an electronic pass card to enter the side passage doors.
- • Apartments here have a keyless entry.
- • All residents have a 24-hour emergency call system.
Things we don’t have to pay to fix or replace:
- • Washer and dryer
- • Hot water tank
- • Refrigerator
- • Freezer
- • Ice machine
- • Dish washer
- • Garbage disposal
- • Microwave oven
- • Stove and range
- • Ceiling fans
- • Central heat and air system
- • Plumbing fixtures
- • HVAC thermostats
- • Smoke alarms
You might also like...
As a simple definition, to be patriotic means "to be inspired by love for your country." Through a shared affection for America, patriotism can bri...
Residents at Sky Pointe Retirement Resort collect half-ton of food for food banks
LITTLETON, CO – Residents at Sky Pointe Retirement Communit...